Tuesday 29 April 2008

Store Cupboard Chronicles: week 3

Just a quick note to let you know how the store cupboard challenge is going!

...and the answer is pretty good actually!

I had a funny week last week - being off sick with work meant I was able to cook a lot more...but then I had my folks down for the weekend, which meant we ended up eating out a lot. I have to say the week ended better than it started!!

My stocks are definitely getting much lower - I actually had to buy rice to go with a curry - when I started I had about 7 packs of rice of varying fullnesses! I have a few things I still want to make from my store cupboard, so I have decided I'm going to do one more week - to make it a whole month of store cupboard cooking!




Store Cupboard Chronicles Week 3


Monday, Day 16

  • lunch - Left over Spicy Bulgar Wheat Salad
  • dinner -Left over Roast Beef Panini & Spicy Tuna fish cakes (recipes to follow!)
Tuesday, Day 17
Wednesday, Day 18
  • lunch - Garlic and Chilli Fried Gnocchi (somewhat disastrous recipe to follow!)
  • dinner - Beef and Caramelised Onion Pasta (recipe to follow!) with Garlick'd Focaccia!
Thursday, Day 19
  • lunch - Grilled Halloumi salad
  • dinner - Fish and King Prawn Curry (recipe to follow!)
Friday, Day 20
  • lunch - Ate out - falafel pita
  • dinner - Take away - chicken kebab
Saturday, Day 21
Sunday, Day 22
  • lunch - Eggs on toast
  • dinner - Ate out

Related Posts



3 comments:

Heather said...

I love whittling down the pantry. Makes me feel like I'm cleansing my kitchen. Out with the old, in with the new!

giz said...

I'm feeling more motivated to clear out some of the "very interesting things" I've picked up with full intent to create something. I should have long ago challenged you to a store cupboard throwdown :). I'm sure I would have lost.

Anonymous said...

Good Job! :)