Wednesday 2 April 2008

Help - food blog OD!

Ok, just relax... breathe into the brown paper (deli) bag...

...in through the nose... out through the mouth...

Breathe in......

...... and out......

(I think I can smell coconut based curry... and chocolate... eek, it's all in my head... olfactory hallucinations!)

...... and in......

...... and out......

Ok, ok, I'm starting to feel a little more composed.

I came online to put up a post (I cooked shrimp for the very first time last night... no I didn't... I mean squid - I think I'm having a foodie meltdown! Anyway, the post can wait!) But I got a little distracted by the Royal Foodie Joust Entries. I decided to load them all into tabs and have a proper read of them all - a big task, there are over 30 listed!

And that was when my problems began. Many of the blogs I hadn't visited much (if at all) and I began getting twisted into a web of food posts. My stomach was rumbling, my mouth watering. I was simultaneously craving chocolate truffles, shrimp and empanadas... My google reader was starting to bulge... I was already way behind with my subscriptions... which were expanding at an alarming rate...

So much fabulous food to find out about... I consider myself lucky to have have to chance to read about it - even if I have to accept there aren't enough mealtimes in a lifetime to try to cook everything I want to! But with so much information and amazing ideas, isn't it great to know you need never cook the same meal twice!

So, I just remembered I took some flowery pics from my garden over the weekend, so thought I'd post them here as a calming measure! And to remember that Spring is most definitely here! The Clocks have changed now - it's daylight well into the evening. Hopefully soon I'll be able to start taking my blog pics by natural light - woo hoo!


A type of heliboris... hmmm fairly sure it isn't spelt like that!

It's an... erm... I have no memory for garden things... except herbs!!

Anyway, it's back to work for me for a bit... then I'll be back to post about squid!

Related Posts



5 comments:

Mike of Mike's Table said...

Its funny how a short read becomes 30+ food blogs to read. I've had a busy week and haven't been able to make my usual rounds...now my Google Reader is out of control! :o

Also, great photos! :)

ley said...

Hahaha, I totally hear you. Food blogs and wedding blogs are my weaknesses. I told my fiance last night that I'd be to bed right after I checked my email, and he was just like, "Okay, I'll see you in two hours." lol.

Oh, and I voted for you in the Joust! :D Just...to let you know. lol. Sorry to Ben above (he's persistent in pressuring people to vote for his dish, lol), but yours looked the best. lol. Good luck!!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I try and visit as many posts as possible as well, but my Google reader is overflowing, my cookbooks and magazines are becoming mountains, and my internet recipes and experiments are backlogged....from one foodie to another we understand how you feel:D

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Thanks for the link! This is my first time on your blog. I can't wait to try the pita bread!

Anonymous said...

Rara Travel & Tour | Travel Jember
Tips & Trik : Tips & Trik
Info : Travel Jember Malang