Thursday 10 April 2008

Porcini Pappardelle with Chorizo, Feta & Roasted Red Peppers

I went to the cinema last night to watch In Bruges - I managed to get hold of advance screening tickets - yay! After the movies (which I really enjoyed - it was funny... though very, very dark humour!) I met a friend for a couple of drinks at the pub... so by the time I got home at half 10 I was really glad that I had left over pasta to throw together!

It ain't going to win any prizes - but it definitely did the trick!

Porcini Pappardelle with Chorizo, Feta & Roasted Red Peppers


When I made the porcini ravioli a couple of days ago, I had some dough left over, which I made into (very rustic!) pappardelle and dried overnight.

So when I got home, I dry roasted some pinenuts for a couple of minutes then chopped up a piece of chorizo and flash fried it with a couple of glug of olive oil to get a crispy edge. Then I added 1/2 a clove of garlic, 3 sun-dried tomatoes and 1 roasted red pepper. Meanwhile I had chucked the kettle on, and cooked the pasta for 2 minutes in boiling salted water.

Still with me? Hang on in there - I know it's complicated...

So... chuck the cooked pasta into the chorizo pan and stir to mix through. Oh yes, add some of the pasta cooking water here to loosen it off. Crumble a chunk of feta over and mix through until it becomes part of the sauce. Put in a bowl, throw the pinenuts over the top, take a picture for posterity, and there we go - within 12 minutes of arriving home my dinner is on the table! (Or at least my lap - a dining table is a luxury I can only dream of!)

Related Posts



3 comments:

Pixie said...

I really need to give my pasta maker another go- I've only used it twice thus far. This looks wonderful, great ingredients.

giz said...

Look at the flavours going on here - it's like a fiesta - really nice.

Mike of Mike's Table said...

This sounds like a great collection of lively flavors that would most definitely hit the spot. Chorizo is up there with bacon as one of those magical foods that makes everything better.