Thursday 19 June 2008

Taste and Create: Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins

Now this is food blogging commitment! It's almost midnight and I've just finished packing to go on holiday tomorrow. Earlier today I realised that the deadline for Taste and Create is whilst I'm away... Q mad kittie rush to find a recipe that a) I can make in less than an hour and 2) I can make with all the ingredients I already have at home. The fact that 3) it tasted great was a fantastic bonus!!

My challenge was easier in that I was paired with KJ from A Cracking Good Egg - who was my match last time I joined in! So I had already had a good look through her blog! The thing I really wanted to make - crumpets - was outside of my time possibilities, so instead I chose these gorgeous Cinnamon Donut Muffins. They are so tasty - I've just devoured two with a cuppa - the perfect wind down after a manic evening!

Following KJ tip I adjusted the baking powder down to 1 heaped teaspoon. And as I was out of brown sugar I used white. And the results were well worth the rush! Moist, squidgey muffin with a crunchy cinnamon topping. All in 25 minutes - and hardly any washing up!

Thanks for another great recipe KJ!

Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins


Look at these - how much will my workmates love me tomorrow!!

But this one was all mine!

Related Posts



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try using real Cinnamon in your recipe and reduce on the sugar. You could also avoid the toxic effects of Coumarin in Cassia.

The Cinnamon that we buy in the US is actually Cassia which could be toxic.

Please click the link under my name to identify Cinnamon from Cassia.

Laura Paterson said...

Thanks for the info Cinnamon! I'm based in the UK - and from the pics on your page I believe the cinnamon we buy get is genuine... though I will have a closer look next time I buy!

KJ said...

Kittie, we have to stop meeting like this :-} LOL. Anyway, great choice. I'm so glad you liked them!!!

Anonymous said...

i just saw these somewhere else a few days ago - maybe a food magazine? - and have been craving them ever since. i need.

Thistlemoon said...

These look so good! Have a great holiday! See ya when you get back!

Peter M said...

Bon vacanes, lil Kittie...these muffins will get you free booze...stat!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm... don't these look fabulous!

Anonymous said...

mmm. beautiful crust!!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

These would be so good with their crunchy topping!!!!!!!!!!! Have a wonderful holiday!!!!

Laura Paterson said...

kj - thanks for the recipe! Glad you liked the hobnobs too :)

michelle - go make... in half an hour you could probably be onto your third one!!

Thanks jenn, Had a great time, and now having a blog-catchup Saturday!

peter, you certainly know how to blag your way to a girl's kitchen ;)

ann - they tasted even better!

diva, that's always my favourite bit!!

Thanks Val!