I haven't cooked for a whole week. Apart from breakfast, and ramen noodles - and I don't think that counts... I've missed two deadline for events I wanted to participate in - and am even going to struggle to make a dish for Presto Pasta Night (although I am determined to get into the kitchen tonight...)
This hasn't been an easy week for me - Boyfriend and I have split up - it's such a horrible time... I think that is all I can say about that.
I wanted a blog entry - but had no dishes to discuss, so I decided to take this chance to do the meme I was tagged for last week by Val from More Than Burnt Toast. I only recently came across Val's blog (isn't it amazing the variety of blogs you can find, just by clicking through from one to the next!) and I'm very glad I did. She has an amazing variety of recipes - from pasta to moussaka, falafel to pikelets! And she loves cookery course - just like me!
Argh, this is a tough one - I love savoury snacks!!! I'm not a huge fan of chocolate - I like it well enough, but a whole bar is often too much for me...
- salty, buttery popcorn... drool....
- I don't know if these count as snacks, but I love sushi, tapas, Indian snacks (like these pakora), dolmades and other such finger food!
- Dried mango slices
- triscuits - though I can't get them in the UK... :( (and any other crunchy, salty snack - i.e. pretzels, baked bagel bites...)
- Swizzels double lollies (apparently my mum used to be addicted to these when she was pregnant with me!)
Oh, I love this game! (Though a multi-millionaire I hope!)
- Quit my job and pay off my mortgage! (And/Or buy a house with a huge kitchen and garden!)
- Help the people I love: pay off the mortgages of my parents and sister - and take us a on huge family holiday; sort my best friends out to make they're lives more comfortable - or to help them achieve their dreams.
- Travel the world - trying all the food I could manage, attending any classes I came across, and learning lots of new things!
- Throw a huge, lavish party for all my friends :)
- Retrain in a career that I truly want to do (Almost definitely in the food industry)
- Blogging when I should be doing other things - or spending too much of the day deciding what I'm going to cook that night!
- I'm rubbish at keeping in touch with old friends - I'm seem to get caught up in the moment - and all of a sudden weeks have gone by without contact :(
- Messiness - my whole house is a state - it drives me mad, because I actually hate living like that... but can't seem to keep myself organised.
- Pressing the snooze button on my alarm clock! I end up snoozing for 45 minutes - and it isn't even proper sleep!!
- Putting off things that I don't want to do (i.e. getting up - or tidying the house!)
Ok then - other things ;)
- Seeing my girlfriends - drinking wine, and having silly conversations. And they are always there when I need them :)
- Shopping - especially for shoes!
- Relaxing in my house with some rubbish on the TV, surfing the net, or reading!
I would usually never say never.. but I would definitely never wear an Eightiesque shell suit again!
- My mobile phone - it has a cute camera for taking silly pics when I don't want to use my 'proper' camera!
- My camera
- My pasta machine - I haven't used it that much - but I find pasta making is such a relaxing thing to do :)
- My laptop
- My GHD straighteners!
Here are the rules:
- Select five people to tag.
- Next, send them an e-mail or let them know by commenting on their blog that they have been tagged.
- They are then encouraged to select 5 different bloggers and to tag them.
I think I'll start with Bryce at Chilefire - who always hits the spot with his fiery recipes!
Secondly Holler from Tinned Tomatoes - a vegetarian blogger from my home country :D
And finally Chew on That - the first blog I ever subscribed to!
I promise my next post will be a recipe :)