Thursday, 14 February 2008

Italian Cookery Course: Week 4

Well, it's taken me a week, but I've now made the dishes at home that I should have made at my class last week!

I served them up to Boyfriend last night as an early Valentine's day treat - as I will be at my class on Valentine's itself. He brought me a beautiful bunch of flowers, which I meant to take a picture of to share with you... but completely forgot!

We started with a cocktail, a twist on the cosmopolitan inspired by Haalo at Cook Almost Anything. I saw this recipe a few days ago - and when I realised I had the orange blossom water for the cantucci, I couldn't resist! As I was doing it from memory, I added lime juice to Haalo's recipe. It still tasted very fine - but next time I will leave it out and see how we go!

We then had Seared Tuna with Puy Lentil Salsa... yum yum yum. It made me think of summer - I can imagine eating this out in the garden in a few months time! Healthy, tasty, a kick of heat, and no garlic - perfect for a romantic meal!

I then made (with some intrepidation!) the Apricot and Almond Cantucci Biscotti. They turned out to be very easy to make, made the house smell gorgeous, and was a lovely light way to finish off the meal along with a strong cup of Italian coffee!

Right, well it's time for me to go and pick up the rest of my ingredients, and head to class number 5!

Related Posts


aforkfulofspaghetti said...

Fabulous menu - lucky, lucky boyfriend!

Deborah said...

Have I mentioned how jealous I am of this? Let me mention it now. :)
I tagged you over at my blog - hope you'll play along!