Well! I was just perusing my Google Reader, when I saw the title My first meme: Define Blego from Gay at A scientist in the kitchen. My incredibly limited knowledge of memes had little to do with cookery - A scientist in the Kitchen indeed, I thought! So I read down the page, and was little wiser... then I saw my name. Hurrah... I thought, I've been tagged!! Then realised I had no idea what that meant!
So, after a little bit a google-digging, I found this article by Chris G, which told me all I needed to know!
So here it is - my first meme - and thanks to Gay for the tag!
* The person tagged must copy the word and paste the definitions of the word contributed previously by the people who did the meme. Link backs would be nice, but not necessary.
* The person tagged must then add her own definition in this format ‘yourname.com’s definition’ and place your link. Being creative with the acronym is encouraged.
* Answer the following questions.
* Tag 5 other people to do the meme.
Blego (evilwoobie.com’s definition) - n. an acronym of “blog ego”, which pertains to a blogger’s sense of self in the blogosphere.
Blego (Darkside-Dreamland.com’s definition) - n. a protologism combining blog and ego. Used to define the ego of a blog or blogger. Like personal ego, blego may be good or bad.
Blego (benbarden.com’s definition) - n. a toy for children to build with but with a B in front.
Blego (ascientistinthekitchen.net’s definition) - Braised LEG Of pork
Blego (kittensinthekitchen’s definition) - Blethering Lassie's Excitable Gastronomic Other !
If you answer no to any of the questions, just skip the “if yes” part. Also, it’s easier to follow if your answers are beneath each question.
1. Do you know what your blog is really about, and you can write a one-sentence promotional material for it in a flash? If yes, write it here.
A chronicle following my adventures in the kitchen!
2. Do you join social networks to promote your blog? If yes, do you hope to find friends in these social networks and in the process get regular readers of your blog?
I have absolutely loved meeting food bloggers from across the world! I have enjoyed participating in Blog Events - its a great way of finding new blogs - and of publicising what I've done.
3. Do you or do you plan to join ranking sites that put your blog in competition with others for popularity? If yes, do you or do you plan to monitor your stats regularly?
This is something which I don't do at all just yet - though it is something I probably will look at in the future!
4. Do you tweak your blog often in accordance with the tips you get from blogging guides and gurus? If yes, list the bloggers you visit often to obtain these tips.
I haven't really changed my blog since I first created it - but I've only been writing for 5 weeks, so no doubt that will change soon!
5. Do you think of your next post even if you have just written a new one? If yes, list your inspirations for posting, and/or some routines that you go through before posting.
Yes, I often have a queue of posts - either on recipes I've made, but haven't written up, or recipes I have floating round in my head that I have yet to cook. My inspiration comes from everywhere - but I've noticed that since I started to read so many food blogs, there aren't enough meals in the day to try out everything I want to!
Now, I tag these friends: