I'm really excited!
Over the weekend I got my first ever food blogging award - the Arte Y Pico!
Even more exciting, it was from PyschGrad and Giz at Equal Opportunity Kitchen - a fantastic blog, which has been on my 'must read' subscription list for quite some time now. It is always great when someone tries one of your recipes - even better when they make a video about it for the world to see!! If you haven't already, get yourself over there to check their blog out! Thanks so much guys!
These are rules that come along with this award:
1) Pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award with their creativity, design, interesting material, and also contribute to the blogger community, no matter what language.
2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog.
3) Each award-winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award.
4) Award-winners and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of "Arte y pico" blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5) Display these rules on your blog.
So anyway, I've been considering who I should pass this onto. I've just done a quick check - I have way over 50 food blogs in my google reader - it's tough to pick just 5!
So after some pondering, here are five from me!
- Mike of Mike's Table I always love seeing a new post from Mike appear on the reader - he has great recipes and a similar love of chilis!
- Francie of Ramblings of a Frantic Home Cook She has such a great style - and such cute pictures - that I'd read her blog even if her recipes weren't to my taste! Which luckily isn't an issue - yummy!
- Peter of Kalofagas - Pursuit of Delicious Foods The Canadian Greek Gourmet with an seemingly unending supply of gorgeous Greek recipes... and an interesting taste in t-shirts!
- Right - I don't know if this is allowed... but I'm going to have a go anyway... For my 4th pick I'd like to choose both Lisa of Lisa's Kitchen, and Holler of Tinned Tomatoes. They both have superb vegetarian blogs - but the main reason I've chosen them is for the creation of new monthly food event No Croutons Required - what a great addition to the food blog circuit that turned out to be!!
- And finally, Sunita from Sunita's World - for having some of the most gorgeous photographs in the food blogosphere.